• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Radio Shack 172.81 for cell phones/service....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozhawk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO
My daughter went to Radio Shack on North Kansas Expressway in Springfield, Mo to get two cell phones and service. The clerk showed her two phones that she could get with the service w/o charge which is what she was looking for. He then filled out the paperwork, took her money and then somehow or another felt that he had made an error and she wasn't eligible for these phones. She then asked for different phones or her money back and was promptly told that he could not give her money back from the drawer because it would make his drawer short and he could be fired.
My question is how the hell is this right? This "gentleman", supposedly the store Asst. Manager made an error not my daughter. She paid for a product/service, did not get it and in turn should have gotten her money back that instant! She works as a Motel housekeeper with 2 children and needs phones to keep in touch or her money so she could go somewhere else or use the money for a much needed refrigerator, or tires on her vehicle or a hundred other things a struggling single mom needs.
This has caused her a lot of undo stress. I went to Radio Shack to see what was going on and the Manager gave me the same song and dance.
If I would have reached in the register and took her money I would have gone to jail. How is what they did any different it's robbery either way? They stated she will get her money back in 10 days (like right now they are just so trustworthy in our eyes), but how do they even have the right to hold it for that long once they reniged on the transaction?
Thanks
ozhawk

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">