• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paint contractor two thirds of the total as down payment in October 2015 and he has n

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Riz

I filed a case in small claims court but the address on the contract is not where he lives and I am having problems finding him. Can I go to the police and file a deceptive business practices charge against him and do the police handle that?

quincy

I filed a case in small claims court but the address on the contract is not where he lives and I am having problems finding him. Can I go to the police and file a deceptive business practices charge against him and do the police handle that?
What is the name of your state?

Could you also describe your problem in more detail, too, please? Thanks.

From what you have posted, this appears to be a contractual issue and not a matter for the police.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">