• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Painter accepted payment has not completed job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stevjo

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

In Oct. I hired (orally) a local man to paint the exterior of our house. For the first 2 weeks he came everyday and was making good progress. He was having some financial problems and requested I advance him the balance of the payments so he could get the materials needed to complete the job. $5000.00. He came a few times after that, and only stayed for a few hours each time. He is still less than half finished, with a job he said would take 6 weeks. I have talked to him a few times with him appologizing and swearing to be over to work the next day. He has not showed in over a month. What are my options, what should I do, to either get te job completed or get my money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">