• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

painter kept $300.00 and is not doing the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

serenitycker

I hired a painter to paint my motorcycle. We agreed on price and he made sketches of what he thought i would like. I liked them but he continued to make different modifications. I kept going back to original design. He then took a smuggler bag (part of bike) to fit a scene on, etc. in addition he wanted a $500.00 (1/2)deposit to start work on it(painting). My husband told him he wan't comfortable with that being that we are giving him the bag worth close to $500 to begin with. He settled for $300.00 he was supposed to come back 3 days later to pick up the gas tanks we didn't hear from him for over 2 weeks. I kept calling phone disconnected, finally alternate # said he'll get in touch with him. He did we say him again to discuss what he supposingly came up with and he kept wanting to take graphics etc away b/c it was too much work for him, etc.. He never showed for the last appointment and today sent back the bag; but kept the $300.00 for Design time. He stated in the letter that he will not be continuing to serve me by painting the bike and after so many design changes (his mind you) he doesn't feel comfortable about completing the project. Can i sue him for that $300.00?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">