• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Lot Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikesalmon

I live in an apartment complex where there are 644 tennants, each tennat has an individual lease even if there are 4 persons living in one apartment. My question is this, the complex has parking spaces infront of every building, a resident overflow parking lot, and a visitor parking lot, totalling 552 parking spaces. Now, with 644 tennats, that means there 92 tennats without a parking space. Is there any law that states the complex must provide a parking spot for each tennat? The complex is in the middle of a corn field, so the closest parking lot that someone might be able to park in is at least 2 miles away. Everynight people try and get back to their home and don't have a spot to park in so they park along the curb and infront of dumpsters, which they all get towed at owner's expense evernight. It seems like a scam for them not to provided enough parking for the number of people who live there and then tow them evernight. Are they breaking any laws?

Thanks,
Mike

Jeter

Not inherently. It all depends on the stipulations on the lease. My guess is that is probably why there is a seperate lease for each tennant.

M

mikesalmon

The reason there are seperate leases for each tennat is because it's all college students here, so each person is responsible for their own bedroom and bathroom, and then the living areas are between all the roommates.

Jeter

The reason there are seperate leases for each tennat is because it's all college students here, so each person is responsible for their own bedroom and bathroom, and then the living areas are between all the roommates.

*A...and their own parking arrangement

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">