• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pars Cars Nightmere in Atlanta, GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ParsCarstime

Georgia...

In April 2008 I purchase a used 2000 Ford Explorer from a second chance auto dealership in Atlanta, GA. The sales person was unknowledgeable and refused to allow me to test drive the vehicle out of the parking lot due to what he said was insurance reasons.:confused:

So because I was desperate for a car to get to and from work I purchase the 98k mile aging Ford product for roughly 12,000.00 at 15% interest rate for 48 months. The second day I owned the vehicle it rained and while I was preparing to stop the SUV brake pedal went all the way to the floor. I took the vehicle into the shop and learned it required about $700 :mad: worth of service to repair the brakes.

After further carful inspection I learned the car was out of alignment and the tires had worn unevenly. Over the course of a year Pars Cars d’b’a “United Auto Acceptance” lost my monthly payments made on my account by my debt card (that cost $15 to pay with a debt card), made harassing phone calls to my employer, friends, family members and anyone who listen to their worthless slander. I have replaced an alternator ($650.00), starter ($320.00), radiator, ($550.00) water pump ($300.00), thermostat ($200.00), and fought high gas prices for an SUV that only gets 14mpg in the course of one year. The locking mechanism doesn’t work and the back doors will not open, and has to be fully cooled off before re-cranking in the summer time. :(

So on July 4, 2009 I made a decision to trade for a newer car and get away from the stress of making a car note and constant repairs. I bought a 2009 Nissan Altima from Sutherlin Nissan in Gwinnett co. Sutherlin agreed in our contract to pay the balance owed on the 2000 Ford Explorer to Pars Cars. The finance manager said if anything changes he would contact me concerning new information. :D

On July 29, 2009 I received a demand of possession letter from Pars Cars. Pars Cars stated that I was in non-compliance in paying my car note for July 2009 and wanted the SUV back. They also sent legal jargon concerning state stipulations when individuals refuse to return cars that they have the right to press charges against me and have me thrown in jail.:eek:

A good friend of mine contacted me on July 30, 2009 and stated she was told by a Pars Cars representative that my auto financing deal didn’t go through and Pars Cars said I still owed the balance of the 2000 Ford Explorer (I wonder if this is third party disclosure)? :confused:

Now in my contract with Sutherlin Nissan agrees to pay off lien at Pars Cars. Sutherlin Nissan has the 2000 Ford Explorer on the used car lot for sale. Sutherlin Nissan has not attempted to call me or send any written correspondence concerning the new Altima I have in my possession for the past month.:(

What do I do???? Can I sue Sutherlin for breech of contract and if so how much seeing where this has affected my ability to buy affordable housing due to my new 30 day late?:(

Antigone*

Georgia...

In April 2008 I purchase a used 2000 Ford Explorer from a second chance auto dealership in Atlanta, GA. The sales person was unknowledgeable and refused to allow me to test drive the vehicle out of the parking lot due to what he said was insurance reasons.:confused:

So because I was desperate for a car to get to and from work I purchase the 98k mile aging Ford product for roughly 12,000.00 at 15% interest rate for 48 months. The second day I owned the vehicle it rained and while I was preparing to stop the SUV brake pedal went all the way to the floor. I took the vehicle into the shop and learned it required about $700 :mad: worth of service to repair the brakes.

After further carful inspection I learned the car was out of alignment and the tires had worn unevenly. Over the course of a year Pars Cars d’b’a “United Auto Acceptance” lost my monthly payments made on my account by my debt card (that cost $15 to pay with a debt card), made harassing phone calls to my employer, friends, family members and anyone who listen to their worthless slander. I have replaced an alternator ($650.00), starter ($320.00), radiator, ($550.00) water pump ($300.00), thermostat ($200.00), and fought high gas prices for an SUV that only gets 14mpg in the course of one year. The locking mechanism doesn’t work and the back doors will not open, and has to be fully cooled off before re-cranking in the summer time. :(

So on July 4, 2009 I made a decision to trade for a newer car and get away from the stress of making a car note and constant repairs. I bought a 2009 Nissan Altima from Sutherlin Nissan in Gwinnett co. Sutherlin agreed in our contract to pay the balance owed on the 2000 Ford Explorer to Pars Cars. The finance manager said if anything changes he would contact me concerning new information. :D

On July 29, 2009 I received a demand of possession letter from Pars Cars. Pars Cars stated that I was in non-compliance in paying my car note for July 2009 and wanted the SUV back. They also sent legal jargon concerning state stipulations when individuals refuse to return cars that they have the right to press charges against me and have me thrown in jail.:eek:

A good friend of mine contacted me on July 30, 2009 and stated she was told by a Pars Cars representative that my auto financing deal didn’t go through and Pars Cars said I still owed the balance of the 2000 Ford Explorer (I wonder if this is third party disclosure)? :confused:

Now in my contract with Sutherlin Nissan agrees to pay off lien at Pars Cars. Sutherlin Nissan has the 2000 Ford Explorer on the used car lot for sale. Sutherlin Nissan has not attempted to call me or send any written correspondence concerning the new Altima I have in my possession for the past month.:(

What do I do???? Can I sue Sutherlin for breech of contract and if so how much seeing where this has affected my ability to buy affordable housing due to my new 30 day late?:(
Have you called Sutherlin about your new car's financing arrangements? You have more than a 30-day late issue, my friend. If you had to buy a car from a second chance used car dealer, your credit has already tanked. If the dealership is having difficulties financing your new car, your credit has already tanked.

It is now your responsibility to call the Nissan dealership and find out what is going on. Once you find out negotiate them either making your July payment or giving you back your car and you giving them back theirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">