• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parties in 2 different states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lahub

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I am considering adopting a horse from a rescue in OH. They have a clause that I would like to be clear on before I sign the contract. It states:
9. Choice of Law. This Agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto shall be subject to and shall be construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of OHIO, County of Lorain. The parties hereto shall also consent to jurisdiction of the courts of OHIO for all purposes and for any disputes arising hereunder.

Does this clause mean that if I breach the contract they can file suit in OH and I will need to go to OH to answer the courts there?

Would a court in OH be able to give this rescue the right to come onto my property in NC to retrieve this horse, or would NC want the suit to be filed here?

I do not want to give up all my rights to privacy for a horse.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">