• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pay your bail again!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hyperhappyboy

i am in california and i was arrested for domestic violence about 3 months ago. i paid a bailbondsman 5,000$ to be released from jail(50,000$ bond)
i went to court as i was supposed to and the first time my name was not on the calender so i went to the d.a. office and they told me that it wasnt going to trial. i had no contact with my bailbondmen except to tell them that i went to my court date.i recieve a letter from the d.a. with a court date (seems they changed there minds). when i go to court i am remanded into custody and am informed that i will be released when i pay my bail. this is the problem...
i had to pay my bail again for the same charge. this cant be right? pls help.. i am far from rich and i really feel as though i am being shafted big time.
what should i do?
i spent time in jail 2x , once wheni was arrested and when i was remanded. why did i pay my bail in the first place if they could just put me back in until i paid it agin?
somthing fishy.....i just wanted to add that i used the same bailbondsman the second time and strangly enough the second time it only cost me 2,000$ to post the same exact amount....50.000$
i am confused and dont know where to start...

[Edited by hyperhappyboy on 07-24-2001 at 09:11 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">