• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying for services not received.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RELIC

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I entered into a contract with LA Fitness for a personal trainer 3 months ago. Since joining I have not received the sessions that I have paid for. The first month the trainer messed up the payment contract so we had to get that fixed. Then later that month he had a family emergency, then the next week he was sick. I have spoken with corporate and they assured me that the missed sessions would be added and taken care of last month. They were not. It was supposed to be escalated to the district manager and been taken care of...it was not. Now to this month, we are supposed to be scheduled for Mondays at 5:30 pm. Guess who didn't schedule us for a training session again. How much of this do I have to go through before they are breaking our contract, wherein I no longer have to keep paying them? I want out, the site location trainers as well as the corporate managers that I have dealt with are the biggest flakes I have ever known. It has been one headache after another and I just want to wash my hands of them and be done with them all together. What can i do?

I entered into a contract with LA Fitness for a personal trainer 3 months ago. Since joining I have not received the sessions that I have paid for. The first month the trainer messed up the payment contract so we had to get that fixed. Then later that month he had a family emergency, then the next week he was sick. I have spoken with corporate and they assured me that the missed sessions would be added and taken care of last month. They were not. It was supposed to be escalated to the district manager and been taken care of...it was not. Now to this month, we are supposed to be scheduled for Mondays at 5:30 pm. Guess who didn't schedule us for a training session again. How much of this do I have to go through before they are breaking our contract, wherein I no longer have to keep paying them? I want out, the site location trainers as well as the corporate managers that I have dealt with are the biggest flakes I have ever known. It has been one headache after another and I just want to wash my hands of them and be done with them all together. What can i do?
If your contract calls for weekly sessions that you have NOT received in 3 months, then you have a legitimate cause to sue for Breach of Contract to get your money back and get out of the contract!

quincy

How many sessions with the personal trainer have you had and how many sessions with the personal trainer have been missed in the three months, after the payment issue was corrected?

Are there clauses in your contract that address missed sessions by either you or your trainer?

A review of your contract terms is necessary before it can be determined if there has been a breach of the contract.

(as a note, the addition of exclamation points do not make a statement or statements worth believing)

How many sessions with the personal trainer have you had and how many sessions with the personal trainer have been missed in the three months, after the payment issue was corrected?

Are there clauses in your contract that address missed sessions by either you or your trainer?

A review of your contract terms is necessary before it can be determined if there has been a breach of the contract.

(as a note, the addition of exclamation points do not make a statement or statements worth believing)
Based solely on what the OP posted, it doesn't appear there is anything in his contract that addresses "missed sessions" or the OP wouldn't be here seeking advice. Also, the OP said he hasn't had ANY sessions that have been paid for after 3 months, so obivously it is pretty simple to determine that a breach of contract has occurred.

Also, I know you don't seem to like exclamation points, but there is only 1 exclamation point in this thread thus far (mine), so I don't think that it is being overused here.

quincy

Based solely on what the OP posted, it doesn't appear there is anything in his contract that addresses "missed sessions" or the OP wouldn't be here seeking advice. Also, the OP said he hasn't had ANY sessions that have been paid for after 3 months, so obivously it is pretty simple to determine that a breach of contract has occurred.

Also, I know you don't seem to like exclamation points, but there is only 1 exclamation point in this thread thus far (mine), so I don't think that it is being overused here.
Many people come to this forum with questions about breaking their contracts and they have not read the terms of their contracts. Many contracts will address issues such as the one presented here by RELIC.

Without reading the contract in its entirety, saying that there has been a breach of contract is premature at best and reckless at worst. In other words, it is not "simple to determine that a breach of contract has occurred" without reading the terms of the contract.

RELIC did not say s/he missed all of his sessions, as a note. Reread the post. RELIC noted 3 times in 3 months where sessions were missed. RELIC said he "has not received the sessions he has paid for" - and someone he contacted in the corporate offices said the missed sessions would be added.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If your contract calls for weekly sessions that you have NOT received in 3 months, then you have a legitimate cause to sue for Breach of Contract to get your money back and get out of the contract!
You've read the contract and know that suing is the appropriate remedy here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">