• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying for what i thought was free

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mike_blackney

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My lawyer is now telling me that i owe him $1250 for his services. this information comes to me new after my case has been settled. the only thing i signed for him was a paper saying that he could represent me in court. we never discussed any fees. do i have to pay this?

djohnson

You really expect us to believe that you thought an attorney was just going to represent you for nothing? What would he have to gain in this? Pay the bill.

M

mike_blackney

I am a friend of the lawyer's son. the lawyer does many cases pro bono. the real question is, "if we never discussed price, and no indication was ever made either pro bono or for payment, am i bound to pay the incredibly huge fee" for literally no work done on his part, none. no plea bargain, no reduction, nothing other than sitting in the chair next to me in the courtroom.

M

mike_blackney

I am a friend of the lawyer's son. the lawyer does many cases pro bono. the real question is, "if we never discussed price, and no indication was ever made either pro bono or for payment, am i bound to pay the incredibly huge fee for literally no work done on his part, none. no plea bargain, no reduction, nothing other than sitting in the chair next to me in the courtroom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">