• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payment for Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DHYPESP

I own and operate a sound system rental company here in Washington, DC. We rent sound and lighting equipment to nightclubs, bands, and DJs. In December 2000, we rented a sound system to Radio One, one of the largest radio stations on the east coast. As of now (May 2001) we have not been paid for our services. Every time I call their office, they say that they "lost" the invoice or the person that I need to speak to is "in a meeting" or "on the other line". What can I do to get paid?

L

loku

Breach of contract

I would suggest you have a lawyer write them a letter demanding payment. Sometimes a company will respond to that. The other alternative you have is to take this to Small Claims court. The fees for that are small and you can represent yourself. All you would have to prove is that you provided the service for a specified price and you have not been paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">