• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PEP BOYS denied to perform job after successfull online appoitment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcbxt8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hi,
I had a web appointment at PEP BOYS and arrived 45 mins before my appointment, the employee at the desk was very rude in saying that "we don't have any technician to do you job today" and when I requested and insisted that I have a successful web appointment confirmation, he showed the exit door to leave, at that point I insisted to get a written notice from him that he cannot perform the job in spite of having web confirmation. This is not the first time I faced this discrimination in the same PEP BOYS location. I kept on insisting the written proof denying service, he called the COPS for disorderly behavior and police have a report now. I gave them my statement and they left and I left the place too. Please let me know if I have a legal point to go against them. Police confirmed there are no charges against me but they have a police report. I feel so neglected and discriminated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Hi,
I had a web appointment at PEP BOYS and arrived 45 mins before my appointment, the employee at the desk was very rude in saying that "we don't have any technician to do you job today" and when I requested and insisted that I have a successful web appointment confirmation, he showed the exit door to leave, at that point I insisted to get a written notice from him that he cannot perform the job in spite of having web confirmation. This is not the first time I faced this discrimination in the same PEP BOYS location. I kept on insisting the written proof denying service, he called the COPS for disorderly behavior and police have a report now. I gave them my statement and they left and I left the place too. Please let me know if I have a legal point to go against them. Police confirmed there are no charges against me but they have a police report. I feel so neglected and discriminated.
Upon what were they discriminating against you? An appointment is not a guarantee of service. Don't go back to that place again.

swalsh411

Not even close. If anything you are now facing charges for creating a scene. At the very least, disorderly conduct and tresspassing. I hope your little temper tantrum was worth it.

An appointment is not an ironclad guaruntee. You have no recourse.

I suggest you find another place to get your car worked on if you are not happy with their service.

Also, drop the woe-is-me self pity drama. An employee didn't show up to work. I'd probably call out all the time to if I had to deal with customers like you.

BL

I quit going to PEP BOYS years ago.

Find an alternate - good mechanic and stick with him/her/them.

swalsh411

Don't be fooled by whatever special-of-the-week they are running into thanking you are getting a good value. Their business model is upsell upsell upsell and their employees don't have a personal stake in the business and get evaluated on how many extra services they can sell. A trustworthy local mechanic, who owns his own business and cares about his reputation in the community will save you money in the long run. Sure he may not have a buy-3-get-one-1 special on tires but an honest one won't try to sell you things you don't need either.

sandyclaus

Hi,
You scheduled an appointment online. When you arrived, the staff told you that they didn't have a technician available to do the job that day. What did you expect to happen? How would you expect them to perform a service without someone to do it?

In some locations (it's happened to me), they only have one or two techs scheduled a day to do specific tasks, and they either didn't come in to work, or a previous customer's car was still being worked on. Did I stomp my feet and yell at the manager and demand something in writing to show I couldn't get the work done? NO. I dealt with the situation calmly and accepted that I just couldn't have that work done at that immediate moment. It sure as heck wouldn't have taken the police to drag me out of there over not being able to get my car worked on - that's for darn sure.

Seriously. You must just be so high strung that not being able to get something done on your car at the precise moment you wanted it done could set you off like that. I could see if they had repeatedly cancelled scheduled appointments on a regular basis, but for just one isolated incident? You totally overreacted. And to try to call it discrimination? Heck - if you were this kind of problem customer that would throw a fit when they couldn't get their way, *I* would discriminate and send away your business, too. I sure wouldn't choose to do business with someone that would allow a simple re-schedule situation to escalate into a police action.

Sounds like the issue has more to do with other things going on in your life than getting your car fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">