• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Guarantee????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spcjep

What is the name of your state? OH

While I was working for a corporation I signed a credit application with a personal guarantee. I was unaware that it had a personal guarantee at the time. I put the president of the company as the title of personal guarantor (in print) but I signed the form with my name.

There have been purchases on the "guaranteed" account that are outstanding to date. In addition there have been substantial purchases on a "new" account (the account is new in title only and carries a separate balance) to which I have not signed an additional agreement.

Am I liable for the first "accounts" debt if I filed an erronius credit application (guarantee) and the vendor accepted it (most likely without a review)? Is there a statute of limitations on collections of debts in OH? Can/do I have any liability in the "second account" that was created without my knowledge or pecific authorization?

Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">