• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Information put on Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rockie

:confused:

Hi,
This happened in Virginia (back in year May 2000), but I live in Maryland. I gave out my name, address, phone number, date of birth, and social security number on "agreement form" to a computer trade school in Virginia when I enrolled there more than a year ago. The school stopped my enrollment because of lack of students in the program I was enrolled in. I protested and in return I was reviled to no end. The school completely and absolutley disregarded my consumer right and my Civil right.

I am trying to have an appropriate party look in to this issue, but I don't even know for sure if they will handle this issue.

** I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO GET OTHERS OPINION ON THE FOLLOWING. ** I do not trust those people at the computer school. I had severely mistreated me, and I don't want them to keep my name, phone number, address, date of birth and social security number. I gave them those information on the enrollment form. They even insisited they will keep my information inspite of the arguement and negative personal feelings. It makes me feel like they can track me down any time and any where for the rest of my life, and I don't want to live with that kind of feeling for the rest of my life. This is creating mental stress for me. Is it possible to get my information back and if so how? Please provide your opinion. Thanks.

racer72

Do you realize how many people out there that have access to that same information? There are probably quite a few other places that have that same information about you that could do a lot more than a computer school. I can buy off the internet the names of 10,000 potential customers for mass marketing sales for as little as $100 and it would be possible your name and info would be included. And with that info I could obtain copies of credit reports too. And technically, the enrollment form is property of the school. And even if they gave it back to you, what would stop them from making a copy of it? If the info is worth a couple of thousand dollars to you, hire a lawyer and obtain a court order to retrieve the enrollment form.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">