• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Lien on Vehicles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zrpetz

What is the name of your state? MN

I have been asked to loan someone a large sum of money from another state (AL). I am a little apprehensive to do so without a guarantee of getting it back. I was wondering if I could put a personal lien on their vehicle until the money is paid back? Is this legal? Has anyone ever done such a thing? If so how do I go about doing it myself? Any help would be great! :)

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

zrpetz said:
What is the name of your state? MN

I have been asked to loan someone a large sum of money from another state (AL). I am a little apprehensive to do so without a guarantee of getting it back. I was wondering if I could put a personal lien on their vehicle until the money is paid back? Is this legal? Has anyone ever done such a thing? If so how do I go about doing it myself? Any help would be great! :)

My response:

Unless you can afford to spend all the money it would take to go to Alabama to go to court, then don't do it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">