• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pet consignment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bostoncutie

What is the name of your state? Ca.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bostoncutie said:
What is the name of your state? Ca. Hi my sister inlaw put 2 puppies up in consignment on the 7th of feb. she got a phone call on the 16th saying both puppies were sick one of parvo the other had worms now he doesnt want to pay my sister inlaw. once on consignment was she not released of all obligations on the pets???:confused:

My response:

Apparently, you and your sister-in-law do not know what the word "consignment" means. It only means that your sister-in-law handed over the day-to-day care and control of the dogs to a seller for a set number of days or weeks. It doesn't mean that she handed over "ownership" to the seller. The seller only had a "right" to sell the dogs to someone else at a pre-agreed price, or to agree that your sister-in-law was to receive a "certain amount" no matter what price the dogs sold for to a customer.

Since the dogs still belong to your sister-in-law, she is obligated to pay for their medical requirements to continue the consignment, or she takes the dogs back (due to a failure of legal consideration; e.g. their medical problems making them impossible to sell), or the seller must pay your sister-in-law the agreed price. The seller cannot keep the dogs without paying for them - - or, the seller is obligated to return the dogs to your sister-in-law.

In summary, if your sister-in-law doesn't get the dogs back, she must sue the seller. If she doesn't get the agreed price, then she must sue the seller.

IAAL

Last edited:
B

bostoncutie

i thank u 4 your quick response.
the seller sold them the same day she put them on consignment and 9 days later the seller told her the pups were sick. i have one of her litter and so does my mother inlaw our pups were not sick at all. the 2 she put on consignment are said to have gotten sick 9 days later is she still responsable or is she owed the money?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bostoncutie said:
i thank u 4 your quick response.
the seller sold them the same day she put them on consignment and 9 days later the seller told her the pups were sick. i have one of her litter and so does my mother inlaw our pups were not sick at all. the 2 she put on consignment are said to have gotten sick 9 days later is she still responsable or is she owed the money?

My response:

. . . and, for some reason, you didn't feel that these new facts were important enough to write into your initial post?

IAAL

B

bostoncutie

sorry for that i just got that news my self:( so does it change anything:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bostoncutie said:
sorry for that i just got that news my self:( so does it change anything:confused:

My response:

This is exactly the reason why we don't like to answer questions "for a friend". You, like all those other writers "writing for a friend", usually don't have all the information and facts when you write. Then, new facts come in making the original responses useless - - thus, wasting our time.

Don't bother.

IAAL

B

bostoncutie

I am real sorry about that i never intended to put anyone out please accept my deepest apology and it will never happen again.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">