• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone company failed to cancel my phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hazado

What is the name of your state?
South Carolina

I am currently deployed to Iraq, and before i left I had 2 phone numbers. I suspended one of them and asked the to cancel the other. Well my ex-girlfriend kept using the second number because they never canceled it when i asked them. There failure to cancel the phone bill and a crazy ex, now has me with a 650 dollar cell phone bill. I never even recieved a phone bill till 3 months of being out here. What legal action can i persue with this?

Thank you in advance

HomeGuru

Hazado said:
What is the name of your state?
South Carolina

I am currently deployed to Iraq, and before i left I had 2 phone numbers. I suspended one of them and asked the to cancel the other. Well my ex-girlfriend kept using the second number because they never canceled it when i asked them. There failure to cancel the phone bill and a crazy ex, now has me with a 650 dollar cell phone bill. I never even recieved a phone bill till 3 months of being out here. What legal action can i persue with this?

Thank you in advance

**A: hello, can you hear me, can you hear me now?
You do not have a case.

JETX

Hazado said:
What legal action can i persue with this?
You can sue your 'crazy ex' for her using your phone. If the phone had NOT been used at all, you might have had a valid argument with the phone company..... but with it being used, you will have a hard time trying to convince a court (or others) that you in fact cancelled the service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">