• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Equip. lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

photogal2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I signed a lease agreement 3 years ago for phone equipment which auto-renewed last month. The leasing company, who is in FL, said they sent a FAX to my attention giving me the option of the auto-renewal. I never received this FAX and frankly don't believe a FAX notification would hold up in court.
What options do I have to get out of this contract? They say the FMV is $4700 buyout, which I am NOT willing to pay. I also have the option of a counter offer.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

does your original contract include the auto-renewal clause? If so, where does the FAX come into play?

If it doesn't include such a clause, there is no auto-renewal.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The fax notice is irrelevant if the original contract had an auto-renewal clause included...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">