• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cearanicole89

On July 6 my truck was repoed, 2 days before my payment was even due. When I called to see why they can't and got it they informed me that I check I had written a couple months prior, to transfer the title from my fiances mother's name into mine, had bounced and technically I missed my payment, to call them back to discuss everything so they could work with me about keeping my truck. They informed me that I would be receiving a letter in the mail stating how long I would have to get the truck back and what was to be done but until then I had 15 days to get my belongings out. I called every day for over a week three times a day with no answer, or having the autobody workers taking messages with no response. days later I received a phone call from the owners son stating that if I was not up at the lot by 4 pm my stuff would be thrown into the dumpster and discarded. In the mean time I received a packet of paperwork in the mail with my title attached stating that the only thing I had to pay was $5.00 and all the other fees for the title work had been received. I called the lot because I was confused about what I had received and they became flustered and began telling me not to send my paper with back to bring it all up and they would clear my name of the bounced check and white wash the title. I had already talked to 3 different notary's before hand that said as long as I paid the fee the title would come back to me since the bill of sale stated my finances mother had sold the truck to me, and the title would come back without a lien on it, which when they transferred it they told us it was pretty much illegal to do it the way they did. When I told them I sent ask the paper work back they became angry and told me they were going forth with prosecution for the bad check. A couple days ago a friend of mine that does odd jobs around the shop stopped at my house and said there owner had sent him down with an offer I couldn't really refuse. He proceeded to tell me that the owner wanted to offer me $200-$500 cash and clear everything that was going on with my bounced check so it looked like it never happened only if I would sign off on my title, since he said it's going to come back with a lien on it. What should I do? Is there a possibility the lien could be off when I get there title back or is there any grounds that I could win my truck back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">