• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help! car repair shop scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vallie2333

What is the name of your state? Florida
My car was not running, and I needed to fix the transmission. I didn't have any way to get the car to the shop, so aaatransmission came and towed it for me. They said it would cost around $700 to fix it, but first they needed two or three days to look at it. The deal was that they would take the car, examine it and then give me the final price. It took them a whole week to get back to me, and they told me that it was going to cost $1400. I didn't have that much money, and now they won't give me back the $500 I paid as a down payment. Also I did not sign any papers stating that they could work on th car.

I would like to take legal action or at least find out if their actions are illegal. Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">