• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Me!!!!!!!! Contract Issue!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lexnant424

What is the name of your state?I live in New York

i have a serious issue.
about a month or so back my wife and i found a puppy being mistreated by some kids and took him out of their possesion and into our home. our landlord found out about him and told us we couldnt keep him. we later found out that there were other residents in the bilding who owned dogs of their own. we confronted our landlord about this and he later agreed that were allowed 1 pet per household. this information came a bit late as we had put the little guy up for adoption already.
here's the issue.
the lady who adopted the little guy was supposed to sign the contract and send it to us making the adoption final but the adoption agreement was never signed and then she tells us she gave the puppy to her friend because she wanted a pure breed puppy instead. the contract clearly stated that the puppy was not to be given to anyone else and was to be returned to us at any time in his lifetime that they were unable to keep him.
we spoke to the new lady who has him and she doesnt want to sign the agreement or return him. she wont give us any of her information either. she says that our adoption agreement is too extreme. i have a copy of the agreement if anyone would like to see it. it is VERY similar to those used by shelters and rescue organizations. i need help.. this situation does not seem healthy for the little guy. can anyone tell me how i can go about getting him back?
thank you all for taking time out to read my post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">