• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me! Scammers robbing thousands of dollars!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ak22801

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia.

I fell victim to a very disgusting scam that screwed me over for almost $1,000 in just a few hours. Upon doing some research I found out these *******s have robbed quite a few hard working people for even more money, its truly sickening once you hear how these people do it. Please bear with me and read the whole thing. I also posted in a few other locations, I just feel like these people NEED to be stopped. Here is the story that happened last night:
I am an operations manager for a family owned commercial and passanger tire store/shop. We do a lot of after hour service for commercial vehicles like you see on the highway that have a blow out in the middle of the night. Last night about 10:00pm I get a call from a lady claiming to be "Sherry" telling me she is a dispatcher and has a truck with a blow out. Now it was pretty late, and this truck of hers was in WV while we are located in VA. I looked on the map and saw that its about an hour drive one way in a remote area with no cell phone service. Thats a total of two hours of driving plus two hours of labor...basically a **** ton of work for 10:00 pm that would most likely end up with me coming home at 3:00 am (as it did). However she was crying to me that they really need the help. I gave her a pretty hefty price (considering the amount of time it would take) to which she replied that she had no choice and was glad we could help. I took down her company name, phone number, and fax. I asked her for a credit card to which she replied "I will pay you when you get there" I told her I need some kind of card upfront for security purposes. She said sure and gave me a Visa card with all the needed details. I loaded up my truck, and set off on the long haul in the middle of the night.

I finally arrived at the location and sure enough there was the truck with a blow out. I quickly did the work and was ready to roll. However, one thing struck me as odd. The truck had completely different information on it compared to what the trucks dispatcher gave me. It had a different company name, different truck number, and a few other things. The truck driver told me that yes, he called it in and he needed the tire. I just wrote down the trucks information on the receipt for safety precautions and let him go on his way. It was definitely this truck that needed the tire as there was nothing else to be found with a few good miles. I got back to the shop late into the night and figured I would go run the card...surprise, surprise it didn't go through. No biggie though, happens often, and I would run it in the morning or get my office guy to get in touch with them.

Once morning came around, and a few failed attempts to run the card, I called "Sherry" by the number she first reached out to me on. No reply. Kept calling and calling till she finally picked up. I KNOW it was her because she had a very distinct and vulgar voice. I said "Sherry?" to which she angirly replied "Who?!" and dropped the phone. I was livid. I started doing a lot of back tracing and called the company whos name was on the truck, and working backwards got a hold of the driver himself. I told him the situation to which he replied 'No, I called some after hour company, paid them with a comcheck, and they sent a guy over here. The money has already been withdrawn from my account" When I asked what number he called, it was that same "Sherry's".
Basically a TL;DR for you guys is: This guy had a blow out, looked up "after hour tire service" on google, and stumbled upon this scam "company". The company said "Sure, pay us up front and we will have a guy come out and fix it for you." This poor driver paid the money to this company, they called my ass out there and where supposed to pay me after the job was done but left me high and dry. The literally made $768.00 off of me JUST FOR TAKING A PHONE CALL.

Now yes, yes I know. I am a complete dumbass for not running the card number she gave before I went out on the call. However, that doesn't change the fact that they robbed my company of hard earned work that made me come home at 3:00am. I started digging into the whole thing and below appears to be their website. http://truckrepairdirectory.com/

I did a little more research using the phone number she used to call me and stumbled upon a whole FORUM of hard working truck drivers, mechanics, and service guys that got down right ROBBED by these people. I am not talking $20.00-$50.00 guys...Im talking thousands. Here is a link to that. http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-855-400-0855

Guys, at the end of the day its not about my $700.00. These scumbags will keep robbing and stealing unless they are stopped. Hard working businesses do not deserve to be tricked like this. Truckers and shops that dont see their families for weeks at a time trying to make a living, robbed by these scumbags. Is there anything we can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">