• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP!! Who has legal control over item?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ticketmaster567

North Carolina

I purchased a block of concert tickets for myself and twelve friends. I approached each of my friends and invited them to the concert under the condition that they pay me the full value of the tickets. I collected money from each of my friends but remained in possession of the tickets until the day of the concert. A week prior to the concert, one friend decided to resell her ticket at a higher price (although she did not have the ticket in her possession and it was meant for her - not a stranger). To note, I invited her to the concert after purchasing the ticket which I believe classifies the transaction as an invitation (like a birthday invitation - you wouldn't scalp an invitation to someone else's party without their permission). I invited her, for a fee, to join the group to the concert which I believe is different from purchasing the ticket for her to use on her own as she pleased (the fact that I purchased the ticket before she accepted the invitation would make the latter impossible). Also, the fact that I sold her the original ticket for face value makes clear that the transaction was an invitation - which is different from a business transaction in which I was trying to make a profit (like she was trying to do by scalping it). Thus, I should have had the right to offer the ticket to someone on the "waiting list" once she changed her mind and declined the offer to attend (opposed to her scalping it on her own). Legally, am I correct in my assumptions or does the ticket belong to her (although she never had physical possession of it and it was the extension of an invitation to her - not me buying a ticket for her to do with it as she pleased)? Thank you for your help and insight!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

QSTERLING

you entered into an agreement to buy the ticket for your friend wishing you all sit together. You expected her to pay for the ticket, thus, the ticket becoming hers! She is entitled to do whatever she wants with that ticket. You are in breach by withholding the ticket from her. sorry pal, you are the wrong one here.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">