• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pls help!-comp altered my contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarammm22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

In Dec '08 we refinanced our mortgage. at the time they were offering 1 year of their buyers protection program (BPP) at no cost. at the closing we accepted the BPP. the title company gave us copies of everything that we signed, and the BPP form was checked (by computer) in the accept box. in august, i filed a claim for the BPP. i never received a response, so i called and was told that we do not have BPP, that we declined. (who would decline something free that pays your mortgage for the month?) I told them that my paperwork shows that I accepted. the man sent me a copy of the letter he had. it is the same letter with a computer generated check in the accept box and a hand written X in the decline box. neither box is crossed out or has error wriiten by it or has or initials to indicate the correct answer. If we changed our minds and checked decline (which we didn't) wouldn't the title company have to give us a copy of that document? is their copy with the handwritten X legal? how can a doc with two conflicting answers checked be legal? When i try and call to get some answers, I am transferred around (it's never their dept) or they send me to their supervisor's voicemail and i never get a return call. when i tell them that i left a message for jane doe two days ago, i'm always told that they don't know of any one there with that name. please help...this is so frustrating!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">