• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pluries Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael D

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My question is if a Plaintiff Attorney waits to file the $10 Pluries Summons fee nine (9) days before the 60 day expiration date, (Judge reduced standard 120 days to 60 days for 3rd attempt at service) would this judge most likely issue another enlargement of time order or because of the atty's negligence, forgetfullness or inaction, dismiss the case?

Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

My question is if a Plaintiff Attorney waits to file the $10 Pluries Summons fee nine (9) days before the 60 day expiration date, (Judge reduced standard 120 days to 60 days for 3rd attempt at service) would this judge most likely issue another enlargement of time order or because of the atty's negligence, forgetfullness or inaction, dismiss the case?

Thank you
There is no way that a group of random strangers on the internet with no knowledge of your case can even begin to guess at the answer.

Michael D

There is no way that a group of random strangers on the internet with no knowledge of your case can even begin to guess at the answer.
Zigner: Your complete lack of knowledge does not extend to everybody on this board. In the future you would be best served by contributing nothing when you so obviously have nothing to say.

quincy

My question is ... would this judge most likely issue another enlargement of time order or ... dismiss the case? ...
I agree with Zigner. There is no way a group of random strangers on the internet with no knowledge of your case can even begin to guess at the answer ... or, rather, we could guess at the answer, but I assume that is not what you want.

For excusable neglect or if an attorney has good cause for an extension, a judge often will grant the extension. In cases other than yours, judges often will grant extensions if there is no objection made by the other party.

What the judge does in your case is anyone's guess.

Rule of Civil Procedure 1.070: http://phonl.com/fl_law/rules/frcp/frcp1070.htm

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Zigner: Your complete lack of knowledge does not extend to everybody on this board. In the future you would be best served by contributing nothing when you so obviously have nothing to say.
Your question is unanswerable on an internet forum. I'm surprised that you can't see that...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">