• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

policy change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nancnp

What is the name of your state? i live in N.Y.,buffalo..... Adelphia cable has changed its policies recently. I subscribed to their power link service 9/2001 with only the broadcast television service and paid the same amount as everyone else for the power link service. Now under the new policy I have to pay more for the power link service than others because I only have the broadcast service. They changed their policies and now I pay more for the same service as my neighbor because i subscribe to a lesser cost tv service. Do I have any rights??? I feel I should pay the same as everyone else regardless of television cost and new customers that know the new policies would be subject to paying more. the word grandfather comes to mind here...help please....Bruce

djohnson

If you weren't still under a specified time contract they they reserve the rights to change or raise the rates. It would be up to that company if they wanted to grandfather in old policies. If they choose not to then I don't see much you can do about it. Can you change to the lower cost now to help you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">