• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poor Customer Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

voovee10

:confused:California - I purchased furniture that was defected. I contacted the store and was told to come in and look for a replacement, I did and purchased a couple more items. The initial furniture would be picked up at the time of delivery of the new furniture, and it was. In the interim the store clerk made a $400.00 mistake by deducting the price of the defected furniture from my now purchased furniture. I was quoted a price and financed by a bank. I was not aware of a mistake made at the signing/financing of the contract. The store did not credit me with the return of the defected furniture because of the mistake that was made by their clerk. I was sent a bill in the mail from the store and I now have two bills to pay. I have been harassed by different individuals saying they were managers of the store also. Am I responsible for their mistake? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CaliforniaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

You are responsible to pay for what you purchased. You don't get the defective furniture replaced AND get a refund of the cost. You get one or the other. If they made a mistake and didn't charge you enough originally, they are allowed to correct their mistake later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">