• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poor workmanship from auto dealer / repeat problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CivilRightsRebel

In early 2000 I got into an accident with my car. There was moderate damage to the front end (hood and front clip were pushed in about 12").

I had the car towed to the dealership in which I purchased the car. They repaired it (replaced the hood, front clip, radiator & brace, etc.) Two weeks after I got the car back the paint started chipping on the hood. When I went back to question them they claimed they were stone chips and did not fall under the warranty of their work. Two weeks later the same spot starting flaking paint (up to 1").

I returned again and asked them "Is this just a large stone chip?" They claimed to have repainted the car. Again 2 to 3 weeks after I got it back it started doing the exact same thing...this time a 2" flake of paint came off the plastic front bumper.

I returned once again, and again they claimed the damage was due to my driving on dirt roads (which we do live in a rural area). The car had 40,000+ miles on it when I originally took it in and the paint was immaculate. They refused to repaint the car but to only touch it up, then they also would not guarantee that the color would match because the said my car has faded already. I refused to have them cobble my car up again and left.

I tried calling the insurance company and they said they couldn't do anything because I didn't get a referral from them as to whom to take it to for repair.

So now frustrated and having a 1998 car that looks 7 years old I blew it off for a while. Now it's steaming me again, because it's gotten worse (the hood is starting to rust and the flake continues to get larger on the bumper). Is there ANY legal action I can take to get my car fixed to "some" moderate standard (aka not half ass'd)?

I greatly appreciate anything you can offer.

-J

btw, I live in Michigan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">