• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Populat Radio Station Not Giving Prize

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mina881

What is the name of your state? Texas

About three months I won a iPod Shuffle from a popular local radio station's nightly contenst. I gave the station my home address and was told I would receive the item in the mail, without mentioning any specific date. After waiting a few weeks, I wrote a polite email to the stations Promotion manager, simply asking what time frame I was looking at before receiving the prize. I was told to wait two weeks. Three weeks later, still no word. I wrote another email, I got another vague response. A waited a month and I sent yet another email The response I got was that the Shuffles were being produced in the areas where the Tsunami hit, and production was slow.

I could certainly symphatize with that, so I laid off on the emails. Although, I was a bit suspicious as to why the station continued to advertise the iPod as a prize when they clearly didn't have any to send to the winners. I decided to wait it out, when a cousin of my told me she had won an iPod as well, yet she received hers within a matter of days in the mail.

I have sent another email to promotions department, and have not received a response as of yet. I have all the correspondence between me and station saved, via gmail. I also have the testimony of my cousin.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed?

Thanks,
Mina

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">