• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poss Breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

handyrick

signed a contract with customer to do some home repairs customer was supposed to supply certian materials and did not now customer has sold house and wants us to stop work I recieved a deposit from customer to start job am I obligated to give them there money back I am in the state of Georgia. Please Help!

[Edited by handyrick on 06-12-2001 at 08:28 PM]

L

loku

Unfinished construction contract

If yoou lived up to your part of the contract by starting the work and either did not complete the work because the customer did not supply the materials or because of the sale of the house and not because of your fault, then the customer breached the contract and you are entitled to damages equal to the lost profits that would have resulted from the full performance of the contract, plus an allowance for reasonable overhead and incidental costs.

If the down payment was not as much as the damages you are entitled to, the customer owes you the difference. If the down payment was more than those damages, you owe the customer the difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">