• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John016

What is the name of your state? Bogota, Colombia

Hello all,

My name is John A. Soto, and am currently working down in Bogota, colombia. Before I left, I contracted a moving company to ship my property from California to Bogota, Colombia. At first, the company said it would take approximately three weeks to arrive. My property was picked up on 20 April, I still have not received it. The contract also stipulated all charges included, from door to door. After it finally arrived at Cartagena (port in Colombia), they've been saying that I need to pay port charges, import tax, and naturalization charges (whatever that means). The company which received the property has told me that they should've paid for the port charges since it's part of the moving costs. As you can see, it's been more than four months since they picked up the stuff. I have in there all my 16 month old's stuff (crib, high chair, car seat, etc.), not to mention some clothes and shoes I had just purchased right before shipping the stuff, thinking it would take three weeks as they said. Since we arrived here, my baby's had to sleep in a playpen because his crib has not yet arrived and has had to use a car seat too small for him since his has not yet arrived. I finally got tired of waiting for them, so I paid these fees, just to get my stuff and my baby can go back to normal life. I'm sure that by the time my property arrives, neither the clothes nor the shoes will fit. Is there a breach of contract, and if so, can I sue? I'm attaching the invoice so you can see what it says was included and determine if I cn or cannot sue.

I appreciate you help with this matter.

John

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">