• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible odometer rollback

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksj44

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I just bought a 1997 Honda from a local auction house. Now I have learned that the car has serious problems, problems far in excess of what would be expected with the mileage of the car. I seriously doubt the auction house rolled the odometer back, but an owner previous to them could have. If I do learn, through Carfax, that the odometer has, indeed, been rolled back, do I have recourse against the owner previous to the auction house?
Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

As-is means just that. Any car regardless of mileage can have mechanical problems especially one that is 13 years old. At this point you have no evidence the odometer has been rolled back. And how would a carfax report prove that anyway?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">