• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible violation of customer rights - Internet website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcgiwer

I would like to ask if my cunsomer rights weren't violated.

I have been temprorary blocked (timed out) from accessing the website's resources (chat, profile, etc.) under the pretext of ban escalation, with I had never commited (I didn't even violated any point of the rules). I had apealed from this timeout, but a staff member try's to talk me in that I had evaded the ban. I'm afraid that the repressions against me may escalate to this level that I get permamently banned (locked out from access to website). Please help me to solve this conflict,

PS: I'm a person form EU, but to the site apply US law.

justalayman

unless you pay for the service, a private website owner or administrator has the right to ban anybody they choose for any reason other than for protected classes of people such as their gender, ethnicity, age and matters such as that. They do not need a reason nor are they required to give you their reasoning.

mcgiwer

To justalayman:

I had donated the website thru some time, so it counts like paying. Besides, I think I bellong to the "protected classess"

quincy

Because you live in Poland, US laws on discrimination do not apply to you.

Private websites in the US are allowed to ban visitors to their site. Some may do it by IP addresses.

mcgiwer

which protected class do you think is the sole reason you were banned?
I don't want to go about the "protected class" in public and it wasn't the reason of banning. As I wrote in first post, they try to talk me in that I had violated some rules, with is a false accusation.

I have some hypothetical suspicions about who could stand behind it, but I don't have any solid proof for it

Silverplum

I don't want to go about the "protected class" in public and it wasn't the reason of banning. As I wrote in first post, they try to talk me in that I had violated some rules, with is a false accusation.

I have some hypothetical suspicions about who could stand behind it, but I don't have any solid proof for it
Then it doesn't matter.

quincy

Being banned from a website is probably not the very worst thing in the world to have happen. I think you would be smart to just accept the ban, find another site that welcomes you, and move on.

Anyway, without proof to support your suspicions as to why you were banned, you really have nothing.

This doesn't have anything to do with Asperger's, does it?

Proserpina

Being banned from a website is probably not the very worst thing in the world to have happen. I think you would be smart to just accept the ban, find another site that welcomes you, and move on.

Anyway, without proof to support your suspicions as to why you were banned, you really have nothing.

This doesn't have anything to do with Asperger's, does it?
Awwww man ... I hope not. :/

quincy

Awwww man ... I hope not. :/
Well, Poland is certainly a new twist but I have my suspicions. ;)

mcgiwer, trying to "evade" a website timeout, perhaps by creating new user names, tends to upset site administrators. I recommend you adhere to restrictions placed on you by the website so that the temporary ban does not become a permanent one.

Powodzenia.

mcgiwer

quincy said:
mcgiwer, trying to "evade" a website timeout, perhaps by creating new user names, tends to upset site administrators. I recommend you adhere to restrictions placed on you by the website so that the temporary ban does not become a permanent one.
I have a question Quincy to You: What aren't you understanding in "I haven't violated any rule" and "the site staff try to talk me in that I did that, even I didn't done it" ?

The temp ban (timeout) has been given to me when I was sleeping, so it's phisically impossible for me to do anyting on site

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">