• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possibly Screwed Over By Orthodontist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RLoveday82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I apologize if this is the wrong section. Here is my question:

In November of last year, I made arrangements with an Orthodontist to do the usual orthodontic work (braces, expansion bar, eventual retainer). The fee given to me was $5,372. I paid $1,075 in November of 2014 and the remaining $4,297 in January of 2015, effectively paying for the entire procedure up front. However, I was accepted into a graduate program across the country before my work could be completed. I let them know this in March of 2015. They told me not to worry about it and that I could just find an Orthodontist where I was moving, and that they would cut me a pro-rated refund check. After a few weeks of calling the office of the Orthodontist, I finally get the information that my pro-rated refund check was going to be $109. I still had 3-4 months of office visits, the removal of braces, and the retainer to go with this office. I feel like $109 is a huge ripoff in terms of pro-rating the amount they are returning to me. Is there anything I can do, or is this a case where I just learn a harsh life lesson and in the future require every minute detail in writing before I pay a penny?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I apologize if this is the wrong section. Here is my question:

In November of last year, I made arrangements with an Orthodontist to do the usual orthodontic work (braces, expansion bar, eventual retainer). The fee given to me was $5,372. I paid $1,075 in November of 2014 and the remaining $4,297 in January of 2015, effectively paying for the entire procedure up front. However, I was accepted into a graduate program across the country before my work could be completed. I let them know this in March of 2015. They told me not to worry about it and that I could just find an Orthodontist where I was moving, and that they would cut me a pro-rated refund check. After a few weeks of calling the office of the Orthodontist, I finally get the information that my pro-rated refund check was going to be $109. I still had 3-4 months of office visits, the removal of braces, and the retainer to go with this office. I feel like $109 is a huge ripoff in terms of pro-rating the amount they are returning to me. Is there anything I can do, or is this a case where I just learn a harsh life lesson and in the future require every minute detail in writing before I pay a penny?
Before accepting the $109 refund check, I recommend you ask for a detailed accounting of all costs.

Good luck with this, and with your graduate program.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">