• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power Of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

parkedg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Armed Froces Pacific

Can I be forced to sign a power of attorney? Can those who attempt to have me sign one be held accountable?

sandyclaus

Can I be forced to sign a power of attorney? Can those who attempt to have me sign one be held accountable?
Forced, as in them putting a pen in your hand and manipulating it in order to effect the signing of the POA? Probably not.

That being said, what kind of POA are we talking about, and why are they "forcing" you to try to sign one?

Choices have consequences. It's entirely possible that if you DON'T sign, then those consequences could be held against YOU.

HomeGuru

**A: well, if the underground mob boss says sign the POA or you'll be DOA. Better think twice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">