• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power company dropped the ball on repairs of pole...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mad4marv

What is the name of your state?I am in Oregon :)

I am having problems with power company EWEB

They neglected to fix power pole that had work order on it since Jan and it caught on fire May 20

Sent 220 throughout house and blew out a list of 42 things plugged in and running in some form.

Effected home based business also plus lived with no heat or power for 3 days

What am I legally allowed to ask for in reimbursement for this major sized headache....

Should I run with this on my own or would a lawyer be better :confused:

djohnson

Contact the electric company, if they are at fault, they carry insurance just for this type of thing. Any damages they would cover, including any appliances, food in fridge etc.... If they say they are not at fault, turn in to your home owners insurance and they can follow up. Depending on the amount of damages, an attorney may be worth your wild. Your insurance should also help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">