• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prebuy Home Heating Oil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andrew_j

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

I pre-purchased 1000 gallons @ $1.999/gallon of home heating oil from a company in Exeter NH. They only delivered 92 gallons after a few requests and finally state attorney general attached a $2M lien on property(ies) on 12/24/2009.

Apparently there are 300 people who filed with AG office. The AG went through some process and stated no solution yet and not much else being released.

That being all said I called oil company they will not deliver any oil unless paid with cash.

Is it better to hold tight with AG office or go to small claims to get the $1800 back? Also is it illegal to ask for oil delivered cash (after fillup) and then tell them to take off account?

justalayman

I would contact the AG's office and inform them of the delivery situation. You have already paid for the fuel so there is no reason you should have to pay them a second time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">