• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Price increase on contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RoelofJanster

South Africa

Hi All,

Hope you can shed some light.

Last year June 2013 I signed a contract with a Storage company name Self Storage for a unit valued at R600.00 per month. In November 2013 the company was bought up by Stor-Age Self Storage.

What happend now is that 2 days ago I got a letter telling me that this is a 30 day notice for a price increase from R600.00 to R1050.00 and the commencement date is 1 March 2014.

My question is: Is it legal for the new company to rise prizes when my contract is not a year old and is the increase legal (Almost 75%)? Their claims is that it is previous years increases as well but my contact is not even a year old. Another claim is that they upgraded security. Yesterday I found the gate open with no security guard attending the gate.

Best Regards

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
South Africa

Hi All,

Hope you can shed some light.

Last year June 2013 I signed a contract with a Storage company name Self Storage for a unit valued at R600.00 per month. In November 2013 the company was bought up by Stor-Age Self Storage.

What happend now is that 2 days ago I got a letter telling me that this is a 30 day notice for a price increase from R600.00 to R1050.00 and the commencement date is 1 March 2014.

My question is: Is it legal for the new company to rise prizes when my contract is not a year old and is the increase legal (Almost 75%)? Their claims is that it is previous years increases as well but my contact is not even a year old. Another claim is that they upgraded security. Yesterday I found the gate open with no security guard attending the gate.

Best Regards
US Law ONLY. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">