• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Price Quote Screw-Up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E.C. Anderson

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

I'm trading in my tractor to this dealer and in turn I am purchasing a new one from them. The sales guy gave me a price quote on what the payments would be and how much I was gonna get for my trade-in and all that.

Payments were gonna kick out to like $600 per month.

Cut to last week, the guy comes to deliver the machine and have me sign the final contract trouble is, the payments are now about $900 per month on the final contract. Turns out, sales guy made a mistake and left off the amount I still had left on the old tractor (bout $10,000), so that was the big difference in price.

I figured it was their screw up so I told them that they had to honor their quote. They say they can't do it and I have to take the new price or the whole deal is off.

What can I do?

E.C. Anderson said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

I'm trading in my tractor to this dealer and in turn I am purchasing a new one from them. The sales guy gave me a price quote on what the payments would be and how much I was gonna get for my trade-in and all that.

Payments were gonna kick out to like $600 per month.

Cut to last week, the guy comes to deliver the machine and have me sign the final contract trouble is, the payments are now about $900 per month on the final contract. Turns out, sales guy made a mistake and left off the amount I still had left on the old tractor (bout $10,000), so that was the big difference in price.

I figured it was their screw up so I told them that they had to honor their quote. They say they can't do it and I have to take the new price or the whole deal is off.

What can I do?
You can pay $900 a month or cancel the deal.

E.C. Anderson

John, thanks for your reply. Out of curiosity, what issue(s) are at play here?

I just always thought that people had to stand by their quotes because people rely on those things to make the purchases that the enter into.

Confused?

pammness

only if....

They advertise that they stand to the quote, but you still have the issue of the amount you owed , the quote was not based with that information..... Pay or call off deal. Sorry.... :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">