• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pricing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Consumer1

Massachusetts

I recently made a purchase that scanned in at ten cents, however, it was supposed to be $10 do they need to honor the scanned in price? I had already paid by check and they made me write an additional check. Also, if an item is priced incorrectly, do they have to honor the price it is marked by law?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Consumer1 said:
Massachusetts

I recently made a purchase that scanned in at ten cents, however, it was supposed to be $10 do they need to honor the scanned in price? Also, if an item is priced incorrectly, do they have to honor the price it is marked by law?

My response:

Not if it's a blatant, obvious, mistake. Mistakes happen, and in this case, a contract has not been formed.

However, if the price "differential" had been 10 cents, then you'd have a leg to stand on - - but, certainly not when a $10.00 item scans at only 10 cents.

IAAL

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Re: Pricing

nooyorkah2 said:
I am respectfully going to disagree with you on this, to some extent.

Some grocery stores, Edwards, some Stop&Shop and some A&P, among others.....Pathmark used to do it.

If the item scanned less then the price you got it for that price.

Or the other variation, if the item scanned at the wrong price then was tagged, you got the item for Free!

It still is in the weekly ads here.

====================================

**A: happyroach, you're a big joke.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">