• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Printer tries to ignore bid specifications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drsnafu

What is the name of your state?

Florida

My company recently had a document published by a printer. The printer accepted our bid specifications which included the following:

"An updated disk in Microsoft Word 7.0 with all changes made after blue line approval will be forwarded to the (my company's name) by the printer. "

The printer has forwarded this disk with the changes, however, in doing so they destroyed part of the formatting of the document that was sent to them. They now claim that this is tough luck on our part and that they have fulfilled their part of the bargain.

Doesn't a disk of information contain the following: The information and the context in which that information is arranged?

I say that the printer is in breach of contract. Am I right? Can anyone cite precedence?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">