• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

privacy agreement violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RWK0931

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? North Carolina
My Cell phone carrier gave out my complete account information to my ex-wife which she used as leverage in our divorce proceedings against me causing significant financial, emotional and reputation damage. The account was set up by my me after our legal seperation. The cell phone company allowed her to come into a local branch office and without permission nor identification gave her full access to my account including records of all of my phone calls. They even allowed her to open a second phone on the account. I have tried for over 8 months now to get resolution from the FCC, my State Attorney general and every attorney that has been recommended. I have had no success in getting any interest in pursing this issue, except for paying one attorney almost a $1000 to do some online research without any results. Though everyone agrees, in writing, that it was a violation of my privacy agreement including the cell phone carrier themself, But no one wants to pursue the issue. I'm exhausted with trying to find guidance on this issue. It appears that YOUR cell phone carrier can give out your personal information to anyone that requests it without any legal or financial conseqences. Can anyone help or am I just at the mercy of a flawed system?

Was she able to verify your account by ssn or something like that? Most company will give out the info if your wife was able to verify account information as an "authorized" user. Unless there are strict instructions on the account that only you may access the account.

Just out of curiosity....you say she used it as leverage in your divorce precedings. How so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">