• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aontiveros

Approximately three times my auto lease company has called me at work to discuss my late payment. The recepitionist who answers the phone has the same name as me. Instead of asking for me they begin to discuss with her my payment before she is able to say that you have the wrong person she already knows my entire history. Have my rights been violated and can they call me at work? What can I do legally within the eyes of the law? I reside in the state of Illinois.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

aontiveros said:
Approximately three times my auto lease company has called me at work to discuss my late payment. The recepitionist who answers the phone has the same name as me. Instead of asking for me they begin to discuss with her my payment before she is able to say that you have the wrong person she already knows my entire history. Have my rights been violated and can they call me at work? What can I do legally within the eyes of the law? I reside in the state of Illinois.
My response:

You are the captain of this ship.

If you want to stop the embarassing phone calls, pay your payments on time !

It's not their fault that there's someone at your work that has the same name. In your contract you signed, you gave them permission to call you - - which is how they got your phone number at work and at home.

So, take control of your life, and YOU can stop the calls by merely paying what you promised to pay, and on time.

Simple.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">