• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Party Car Financing Contract Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeg067

Hi. I'm in Texas and my girlfriend and I are splitting up. She signed for a truck and I've been making all of the payments out of my checking account. She agreed the truck was mine as long as I made the payments. In a last ditch effort to strain the relationship to the point of submission to her demands of not breaking up she decided she wants to take the truck and have it repoed since there is no way she could pay for it. Just a way of screwing with me for making her leave. Anyway, I told her if she did that then I wouldn't be able to pay for her credit card bills since I had no way to do my job. That shook some sense into her.

Now what I have to do is come up with a contract that states our initial verbal agreement. I want to protect myself in the event that she demands the truck back a few months down the line or refuses to sign it over to my name once the payments have been made. I tried to let her go easy, even offered to continue paying her credit card bills and even make the first few payments on another car for her but she's really mad about having to leave. I can't take the arguing and manic personality anymore. But that's a whole other story.

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">