• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private party loan...need advice!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bummy1976

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin...I got a loan back in 2001, actually several little loans totaling about $6000. Actually it was the guy I was with back then and I who had these loans, that we received from a family member. Anyway, I've been paying on this loan just recently, but I was wondering if I'm totally responsible for paying all of it back or can I pay just what I signed off on. We did write up contracts for all these loans and they are signed by either just myself, or just himself, or both of us. Basically I want to know, if I'm responsible for the whole loan or can I just pay what I rightfully owe and make the loan giver go after my ex?? Also we were not married, if that helps at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">