• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem returning defective video game accessory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TimMarrone

New Jersey

My girlfriend picked me up a Gameshark for Playstation2 by Interact. It costs $39. It was a Christmas present.

The day I opened it, it didnt work. So I just tried to return it today at the Funcoland it was purchased from. Funcoland is part of Gamespot and is traded on the NYSE if that matters. "GME"

Anyway I try to return as it wasnt working and was told they couldnt take it back because they have been having problems nonstop. Well it was bought 12/23. Why didnt they tell my girlfriend or not sell it.

They also the sell the product but do not stand behind it whatever that means. They said I had to deal with Interact to get a refund.

How is that fair and even legal. I really dont see how its legal to know fully aware the product has been breaking or broken, yet sell it and not refund a defective product.

What can I do not only to get my refund but against Gamespot?

racer72

Stores only offer refunds and exchanges as a customer service, there is no law that requires them to refund or exchange defective merchandise. That is why almost all products are sold with a manufacturers warranty. In your case, the retailer most likely does not have an exchange agreement with the manufacturer or distributor of the product. You will now have to deal with the warranty provider.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">