• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems wondering what my rights are....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mentaleruptions

Oklahoma.

Ok im having some troubles with my cable company. Basicly they messed my bill up with billing dates and when i asked them to fix the problem they said they would and didnt. I had contacted them again and they assured me that everything would be sorted out for sure and then when i got my next bill there was charges for the billing date being changed.
I had called them once again and i was told over the phone to ignore that bill and a new one would be sent out and it never was.
I then recieved a bill a month after the phone call and there was still the charges from the bill date change and there was also a added late fee for the bill i was told to ignore was not payed (because i never got the one i was told on the phone they would be sending me).
I have emailed them asking them why this has happend and i got a reply with no help at all. There has been a few emails back and forth since then (i have saved them all) and they have admited to making these mistakes BUT they still want me to pay all these charges they have added to my bill.
What im wondering is what are my rights here because i dont think i should pay for something when they have openly admited to making the mistakes and from there emails they have made no attempt to resolve this matter with me at all.
Can someone tell me where i stand here ?? I have also asked them how i go about making a formal complaint regarding the situation and they have yet to supply me with the information i need.

All advice here is appreciated,
Thanks, Amanda Tyler

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">