• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Product substitution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanybel

Florida

I recently contracted with an upscale carpet dealer. The specific brands of carpet and pad I was to receive were specified on the invoice, as were installation accessories. I have researched the installed products and have discovered that the carpet installers substituted my purchased products with less expensive materials (not the brands specified). I am currently documenting the fraud and preparing to confront the carpet dealer with the evidence. At what level of their organization should I submit this, i.e., should I start with the salesperson? Are there any legal points I should raise? Is there a Consumer Fraud Division in my local State's Attorney's office than can assist me? I think I have three options -- 1. Demand the carpet and pad products be removed and my contract be deemed null and void, 2. Demand an equitable reduction in contracts costs and have my account appropriately credited, and/or somehow file criminal proceedings. I'd love to have some feedback before I proceed. Thanks.

divgradcurl

sanybel said:
Florida

I recently contracted with an upscale carpet dealer. The specific brands of carpet and pad I was to receive were specified on the invoice, as were installation accessories. I have researched the installed products and have discovered that the carpet installers substituted my purchased products with less expensive materials (not the brands specified). I am currently documenting the fraud and preparing to confront the carpet dealer with the evidence. At what level of their organization should I submit this, i.e., should I start with the salesperson? Are there any legal points I should raise? Is there a Consumer Fraud Division in my local State's Attorney's office than can assist me? I think I have three options -- 1. Demand the carpet and pad products be removed and my contract be deemed null and void, 2. Demand an equitable reduction in contracts costs and have my account appropriately credited, and/or somehow file criminal proceedings. I'd love to have some feedback before I proceed. Thanks.
Well, before you do all that, have you talked with the carpet people to find out why they didn't install the correct carpet?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">