• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promisary note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Daniel Bramley

my sister agreed to take over payments of a truck I was trying to sell. We drew up a promisary note and had it noterized, and we both signed it. now she is trying to back out of it. it was signed and noterized in the state of north carolina.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You tell her, "You know sis, it really breaks my heart. It's tough luck, but we have a contract. My heart bleeds for you. What do you think contracts are for, anyway? You don't pay, then you can explain it to a judge. Then, I'll get a judgment against you. So, if you think your world is shakey now, just wait till I "rock your world" when I execute against your property to pay that judgment."

She either pays the easy way, or the hard way. But, she pays.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">