• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promised accessories not delivered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mykul812

What is the name of your state? Washington
My wife and I purchased a 2003 Expedition with low mileage from a dealer recently. In the discussions we told the salesman that we wanted the navigational disc that comes with the navigational system. The car came from Canada and we wanted the disc for our region. The salesman said that he would acquire this for us as well as the head phones for the DVD player. He left a message for us that we could come in for the headphones and the nav cd. We arrived at the dealership to find the headphones but no cd. The headphones were the wrong type (wireless) for our DVD system so we returned them to the dealership and we were told that we had to purchase our own and get a 25 dollar per head set (two needed) reimbursement from the dealer.
I received a call from the salesman yesterday, after much himming and hawing about getting us the cd, and he stated that the cd was now going to cost us 139 dollars (supposedly their cost) or we could get the set for 300 dollars (again supposedly their cost). The problem is that we verbally agreed to purchase this car with the nav cds and the headphones. We do not feel we should pay extra now.
I have a voice mail recording of the salesman saying that he has the discs and the headphones for us at the front counter (which was not true about the discs).
He is saying now that he has no responsibility to provide the discs and headphones and that I will have to buy them if I want them.
Do I have any recourse?
Is the tape recording of him saying that he has the discs for us to pick up enough proof of his intent to provide them as part of the sale?
He never says anything about costs to us on the recording and there were no costs when we picked up the headphones at the dealership so I believe that I have my bases covered there.
My error (big one) is that I do not have it in writing.

Please help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">